Setting up a business website can be pain when you don’t know exactly what you need or what is required to go online. To setup a web presence online, here are a few information that you must know:
- You must choose a name of your website example http://www.bunchbay.us . This is called a domain name. This names is a unique name that identifies you business online.
- You must register this name with a registrar. A registrar is a company in charge of domain name registrations. Once your name is registered , it is secured for you for as long as you want. This means that you can only secure this name for a certain time, for example one-10 years. Depending on your budget, most customers would only pay for one year and pay renewal fees every year.
- You must continue to renew your domain name annually if you did not pay for a longer period. Once you stopped paying, you will lose the name.
- The next step is to find a hosting company to store your website information and make it available to the public. This is called Hosting
- You will need a website developer/designer to help you put the files and content that describes your business
The above are the most important things you must do and each of the above have cost implications